Tuesday 6 September 2011

Trumpeting of Fall



Honk, Honk, Honk! Well, its official the gathering of the Geese has begun.  I've heard their call for a few days ago, I tried to deny it, but the fanfare resounded the coming fall.  I began to wonder, what is in store for me this season?

It's the beginning of a new chapter, projects have been completed or moved into the next phase, and new stuff is starting to take shape.  One of the projects I enjoyed doing this year was the E-Index, a wonderful community product of Function Four.  I got survey households in communities, met some great people and learned more about the status of ICT in northern and remote communities.

Another great project is the "ICT Best Practices, in Remote, Rural and Aboriginal Communities" story collection.  We heard some great success stories, innovative ideas, and wonderful opportunities for others to duplicate projects in their home communities.   The next exciting phase is the publishing of the stories and a conference setting to share the best practices.  I look forward to the final products and meeting new people at the gathering, which will be in Winnipeg, Manitoba sometime this fall.

The next project for me is learning more about digital storytelling, and how we share this knowledge with Aboriginal communities.  I foresee digital storytelling as way to preserve culture and language, as well as a way to share traditional knowledge and stories through modern day technology.  

I look forward to seeing what this fall season brings, and to hearing the music of a journey beginning as the gaggle passes over us. Honk, Honk, Honk!

Kinanaskomitin.




No comments:

Post a Comment